Saturday 22 January 2011

Firsts

This has been a week of firsts in my world. I have bought my first spinning wheel; a Kromski Sonata, and so far have spun my first skein on it, 100g of Shetland Moorit spun 2 ply (to be precise!). This resulted in me designing my first pattern: a super quick and very easy slouchy hat, which you can find here:  Handspun slouch hat

Here I am modeling the result with a bit of help from Pearl.

First time I have uploaded a pattern to Ravelry too.

Ok so it couldn't get more simple than this hat, but it was still quite a process making the pdf, uploading etc.






On the wheel at the moment is some dark brown Corriedale. I'm working on consistency and trying to be patient.


It's easy to forget that you can stop the wheel to rectify a lumpy bit before it gets sucked on to the bobbin. I have to keep reminding my feet to pause.



Handspun Slouch Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment