Tuesday 8 March 2011

Video Killed the....

Yesterday morning nerves hit me like a slow motion brick. Why? Because at 10:30am I was booked in to do a live radio interview for BBC Radio Oxford.

I had been given a weeks notice so I had had time to plan, but instead spent most of the week pretending it wasn't going to happen, and worrying. So I only got down to actually thinking about it on Sunday evening, when I sat down with Andrew and worked out the best way to explain a fairly complex process.

Cloning.

I had to talk for 10 minutes about cloning, inspired by it being the 14th anniversary of the world finding out about Dolly the sheep.




The interview was with Malcolm Boyden, the morning presenter on Radio Oxford, whose face looms off the TV set during BBC breakfast in an advert for the morning radio show.

I arrived to the studio 5 minutes early, and was told I would be on air at 10:30. At 10:29 I was taken to the studio, and sat down opposite Malcolm while he faded out the song and introduced me.

I wasn't even sure at what point we were live on air, but luckily kept my mouth shut and didn't ditzily ask "are we on air now?", as I was tempted to!!

Anyway the interview passed relatively smoothly I think. I haven't actually had the courage to listen to it yet, and don't really remember what I said, so I will let you judge for yourselves:

f-fwd to 30 minutes in for my section: radio interview

I would definitely do it again, in fact I think I would enjoy more practice now I know what to expect, so watch this space...!

No comments:

Post a Comment